Monday, September 24, 2012

Unearthly Blooms

Turn boring silk flowers into Unearthly Blooms for Halloween

In my hunt for cheap Halloween decor for my mantel, I came across some silk flowers at the dollar store for $1 each...duh. I liked them, but they were lacking a bit. (Seen below, the black ones with purple glitter.) While roaming the store I came across the white ones in the pic. They were in a box on the floor, and I think they have been there for years. I grabbed 3 of them, not knowing the price, and not really sure that my idea would even work. When I got to the register, they rang up $.30!! What a steal!!


Here is what you will need:
  • White silk flowers
  • Spray paint (I used the cheap stuff from Walmart. In grey and black)
  • Glue
  • Glitter
This is a super quick, super easy project. It will take you 30 min tops.


 
I used the wine bottle to hold the flowers while I painted them.

In a well ventilated area, spray paint your flowers, not your dog, LOL

I painted 2 black and 1 grey, but with the grey one, I sprayed a bit of black in the middle for some texture. (Come to think of it, I should have done the same with the black,)



Next, get your glitter ready (sprinkle it onto a plate) and coat the tips of your flowers with glue.

"Dunk" your flower in the glitter.



 I used silver on the black flower and black and silver glitter on the grey one. 
(I know it kinda looks gold in the pic.)

See, That was super easy :)

You remember the vase from this previous blog that I made...



Check back tomorrow to see my 
Pained Pumpkins
















No comments:

Post a Comment